Our Top Recommendation
- The Viper SD remains a favorite amongst hunters
- Strong, lightweight aluminum construction makes transporting and climbing a breeze
- Sit comfortably for hours thanks to the suspended foam-padded seat with cushioned backrest and padded armrests
What are Summit Treestands?
Are they meant for archery or bow hunting?
Why is this a good brand to consider when you need a tree stand?
Summit Treestands are tree stands designed for either bow or gun hunting that come from the Summit company. This company is well-known for producing high-quality tree stands that are built to last, and it supplies a wide variety of different types, styles, and designs of tree stands, too.
This company is a popular choice among bowhunters. It provides plenty of durability as well a stability while giving you enough room to aim a bow. It also features enough different choices that just about any bowhunter can find the right fit for their needs.
In this article, we’ll show you seven of our favorite picks among the Summit Treestands catalog. These products all offer plenty of strengths, but some may have a few weaknesses to consider as well. Read through the reviews we’ve put together below to help you find out more about whether or not a specific stand will work for you.
Read on to find out about some of the best Summit Treestands for sale.
1. Summit Treestands OpenShot SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands OpenShot SD Climbing Treestand weighs 15 pounds and can hold weights of up to 300 pounds total, including you and your gear. It comes with a four-point safety harness and includes a floating-style seat with a foam cushion pad for comfort. This product is open in the front for more range of motion and visibility.
- This product works well for bowhunters who want to travel a long way to find the right tree.
- The platform offers enough space to move around.
- The stand may not grip the tree very well while attaching it in some instances.
- The product is very small and may be too small for most bowhunters.
2. Summit Treestands Mini Viper SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands Mini Viper SD Climbing Treestand features a sturdy design with a closed front for more stability. It comes with a standing platform as well as a large seat with a padded cushion, backrest, and arms. The closed-front bar is also padded so you can rest your arms there as well.
- This product features sound deadening technology designed to keep it quiet when you move around in it.
- The product weighs just 18 pounds and supports up to 300 pounds of weight.
- The included safety and carrying straps are not as durable as some others.
- The product may be too small for some customers to be comfortable.
3. Summit Treestands 81120 Viper SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands 81120 Viper SD Climbing Treestand comes in several pack size options so you can always have the right number of stands for your needs. It features a padded floating chair and includes a closed-front bar with padding for both comfort and safety. This tree stand comes with a safety harness and installation hardware.
- The chair includes a padded seat, back, and armrests so you can stay comfortable while you hunt and wait.
- The product is designed to remain silent.
- This product may take a while to assemble.
- The included instructions can be confusing for some customers and make setup more difficult than it needs to be.
4. Summit Treestands Titan SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands Titan SD Climbing Treestand weighs just 25 pounds and can support up to 350 pounds. It is made of durable, heavy-duty aluminum that is rust resistant and safe for use outdoors. It includes a closed-front style so you don’t have to worry about your safety as much and can shoot with confidence when the time comes.
- This product comes with a safety harness and everything you need to hook it up.
- The product gives you enough room to move around easily.
- The paint may chip on this product over time.
- Some customers may find their products are damaged on arrival, but this is not very common.
5. Summit Treestands SU81119 Goliath SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands SU81119 Goliath SD Climbing Treestand features a closed design with a padded safety bar to secure you in place. It also comes with a floating chair that includes a padded backrest, armrests, and seat cushion. This durable aluminum frame tree stand is easy to set up and take down as needed.
- This product only weighs 25 pounds but can hold up to 350 pounds, including both you and your gear.
- The product features a wider platform than some of the other models listed here.
- Some customers may receive damaged products, although this is not very common.
- The product is noisy while setting it up, although it remains quiet after installation.
6. Summit Treestands 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand supports weights of up to 350 pounds but weighs just 25 pounds itself. This product comes with a bucket-style seat and an extended frame on top, making it an excellent choice for taller bowhunters. It comes with everything you need to set it up and start using it right away.
- This product is designed for bigger users than most of the others listed here.
- The included seat features an adjustable height mechanism and is also reversible as needed.
- The included pockets Velcro shut and are therefore noisy to open.
- The front bar may be too large for some bowhunters to use.
7. Summit Treestands 81117 Razor SD Climbing Treestand
The Summit Treestands 81117 Razor SD Climbing Treestand comes with a safety harness and all the required hardware for setup and installation. This product includes a seat with a padded cushion, back, and armrests as well as a padded footrest. It features an open-front design so you have more room to work with as a bowhunter.
- This product supports up to 300 pounds and weighs 21 pounds.
- The product comes with carrying straps for easier transportation to and from your hunt sites.
- The seat straps may not be long enough for all hunters.
- The seat has a bar in the back that may be uncomfortable for some users.
As you can see, each Summit Treestands product can be an excellent choice depending on your needs. But how do you know which one is best for you? Which one of these stands is the best choice for archers and bow hunters to use?
Although all of the stands listed here are great choices, our top stand recommendation is the Summit Treestands 180 Max SD Climbing Treestand. This product holds more weight and provides more room to move than the others listed here. Its heavy-duty design keeps it secure and its bucket seat ensures bowhunters can remain comfortable while using it. This product is easy to set up and take down as needed.
Although this is the top pick for us among the products listed above, all of these products can provide plenty of benefits for the right bowhunter. Think about the differences between each one while you’re trying to determine which is the best choice for your hunting needs.
Last update on 2022-11-30 at 13:14 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.