Our Top Recommendation
- Replacement yardage tape set for bow sites
- 80+ multi-colored yardage tapes
- Simple set up to bow site to get the right yardage set
What is archery sight tape?
When might you need to use it?
How do you use it?
Sight tape is designed to attach to your archery sight and make it easier for you to measure distance based on yards. You can use this tape to help improve the accuracy of your shots and provide a more precise method of aiming and shooting.
It can be difficult to find the right sight tape for your bow as well as for your shooting method. To do this, you’ll need to purchase a set of sight tape and then go through the adjustment process to find the right measurements for your needs.
First, place a piece of tape on your sight so you can accurately mark the indicator on the sight when you shoot. Next, sight the bow for 20 yards as accurately as you can and mark the measurement on the tape. Then do the same thing at 60 yards.
Remove the marked tape from the sight and compare it against the sheet of sight tape you have purchased. You’re looking for the sight tape that most closely matches the location of the marks you have just made.
When you find the right tape, cut it out and attach it to your sight with the needle set at the 20-yard mark. Do some test shots to confirm you have selected the right position for both of these measurements. You may still need to make some slight adjustments.
Using sight tape can take some time to learn, but it’s much easier when you purchase high-quality sight tape sheets to help you get started. In this article, we’ll show you five of our top picks for sight tape options so you can easily find the right one for your needs.
Read on to find out more below!
1. TruGlo Range Rover Archer’s Choice Replacement Sight Tapes
The TruGlo Range Rover Archer’s Choice Replacement Sight Tapes includes a set of over 80 different tapes so you can find the most accurate measurements for your specific shoot needs and style. This set features a color-coded design that makes it easier to look at and quicker to read while you’re aiming and shooting, too.
- This tape comes on durable, waterproof sheets designed to last.
- The tape works well for TruGlo brand sights but can be used with other brands as well.
- Customers who shoot with low poundage may have trouble finding a match on this tape.
- Some customers dislike the color-coded design of this tape.
2. Axcel Archery Sights Tape Set
The Axcel Archery Sights Tape Set comes on a single sheet and includes a few different options for up to 40 different shooting speeds and setups. The set is ranged from 20 yards to 100 yards and is specifically designed for Accu-Touch brand bow sights, although it can also be used with other sights of similar measurements.
- The sight tape is very easy to read and visually clean and clear to look at.
- Customers find this set of tape very accurate and precise.
- This set of tape doesn’t include nearly as many options as some of the others listed here.
- The tape is not durable in all weather conditions.
3. Spot Hogg Archery – Hogg Mobb Sight Tape
The Spot Hogg Archery – Hogg Mobb Sight Tape is designed specifically for use with Spot Hogg brand sights. This tape is weatherproof and includes a wide range of shooting distances in a scale from 20 yards to 100 yards. This set of tape includes five separate sheets with many different tape options for you to choose from, so you can always match your shooting speed and style.
- This tape is colorful and easy to look at, making it visually appealing.
- The tape includes easy instructions on the front sheet, making it a good choice for beginners.
- This tape may not work with other brands of sights.
- Some customers feel this tape is too pricey.
4. Black Gold Bow Sight Tape Kit
The Black Gold Bow Sight Tape Kit comes with three different sheets of paper including a total of 54 different sight tape options. Each tape set is designed to give you as much precision and accuracy as possible. The tape includes so many options that it can be used for just about any shooting speed.
- This tape is easy to use and provides plenty of options for almost any needs.
- The tape is designed to hold up to long-term use.
- This tape is not very aesthetically pleasing and can be visually difficult to look at.
- The tape may not fit every sight currently on the market.
5. HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra Sight Tapes
The HHS Optimizer Lite Ultra Sight Tapes includes five sheets of sight tape. It covers distances of 20 to 80 yards, so even if you shoot further than 60 yards, you can easily set the right measurements for your needs. This set of tape includes options for speeds ranging from 225FPS to 325FPS.
- This tape is designed to work specifically with HHA brand sights.
- The tape very clearly and easily matches most sights of comparable measurements to HHA sights.
- Some customers have received products that were printed upside-down, although this is not very common.
- The tape does not come with any instructions, so beginners may have trouble using it.
Were you able to find a sight tape set that you like the looks of? All of the products listed above are good quality items, and the choice mostly comes down to your aesthetic preferences and the type of bow you have.
Do most sight tapes work with all types of archery bows? Most of them do, but not all of them. As with any equipment or accessories for your bow, it’s important to read carefully to find out whether or not a set of sight tape will work with your existing bow or sight.
But how can you be sure you’re bringing home a good quality product for your sight? How do you know which sight tape is best for you? Here are a few tips to help you pick:
- Choose a sight tape you can read well in most, if not all, lighting conditions, either with or without an archery sight light (depending on your lighting preferences).
- Choose a sight tape that will hold up well to inclement weather exposure and last as long as possible.
- Choose a sight tape that fits your sight and your bow properly, based on the measurements of the tape and the width of the sight.
- Choose a sight tape that looks good and is visually appealing to you.
- Choose a sight tape that comes from a trust brand name, so you know it’s accurate and designed to help improve your archery experience overall.
When you keep these suggestions in mind, you’ll be able to bring home a sight tape set that works well and keeps your aim more precise and accurate than ever before. Choose from the list above to get started right away with some of the best archery sight tape sheets currently available on the market.
Last update on 2022-11-30 at 13:14 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.