Our Top Recommendation
- Draw weight: 20-70LBS
- Product Material: The bow arm is made of transparent epoxy and wrapped in leather. It is more delicate and durable....
- The advantages of the traditional recurve bow: the left hand and the right hand can be used, the power is strong,...
What is mounted archery?
How is a mounted archery bow different from other types of bows?
What should you look for in this type of bow?
A mounted archery bow is very similar to many other types of bows, and both longbows and recurve bows can be used in mounted archery. However, there may be other features you should consider that can make your bow perfect for mounted archery as well.
Some of the features to pay attention to in your bow include the length, draw weight, draw length, and overall style of bow in question. Some competitive mounted archery locations may have other factors that are required in your gear and equipment as well.
In this article, we’ll show you seven of our top picks for mounted archery bows. You can check out this list and find the perfect fit for your needs in no time.
Read on to learn more about the right bows for mounted archery.
1. Sososhoot Handmade Traditional Longbow
The Sososhoot Handmade Traditional Longbow features a simple shape and a wooden design with fiberglass laminate finishing. This bow is designed to be used by mounted archers in practice, and although it may not be powerful enough for competitive shooting, it works well for practice and honing your skills.
- This bow features a fixed draw weight of 30 pounds, which is perfect for beginners.
- The bow is easy to set up, string, and learn how to use right out of the box.
- Some products may arrive damaged or missing some components, although this is not very common.
- The faux leather grip may need to be replaced as it may peel off easily.
2. TopArchery Traditional Recurve Bow
The TopArchery Traditional Recurve Bow measures 53 inches from tip to tip and is made of fiberglass throughout its construction. This lightweight product is designed to be easy for beginners to pick up and use but powerful enough for more experienced archers to get the full effect of its functions, too.
- This bow features a convenient draw length of 28 inches fixed.
- The bow comes in several draw weight options, including 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 pounds.
- The bow may warp over time with frequent use.
- The included string may need to be replaced almost right away, as it is not a very good quality string.
3. I-Sport Traditional Recurve Bow
The I-Sport Traditional Recurve Bow comes in draw weights from 30 to 50 pounds fixed and is designed to look elegant and impressive. It is made of high-quality wood with a resin finish and includes wrapped leather for comfort and aesthetic appeal. This bow can be drawn back to a length of 29 inches.
- This bow weighs just a little over 3 pounds, making it a lightweight and easy option.
- The bow is easy to learn how to string and operate.
- Some customers feel this product wobbles too much when shooting.
- The limbs on this bow may be flimsy and can break in some instances.
4. AliArchery Turkish Bow
The AliArchery Turkish Bow is a high-quality and powerful little bow perfect for any lightweight archery needs. Measuring just 41 inches from tip to tip, it is much smaller than most other mounted archery bows and is ideal for fast, snappy shooting situations that require an easy and convenient bow to get the job done.
- This bow comes in draw weights ranging from 25 to 50 pounds fixed.
- The bow features a 28-inch draw length, which makes it ideal for most archers.
- This bow may not be quite powerful enough for more experienced archers.
- The bow may not last as long as some of the others listed here.
5. LongbowMaker Hungarian Style Handmade Longbow
The LongbowMaker Hungarian Style Handmade Longbow comes in draw weights between 30 and 60 pounds and is designed to look and operate like an old-fashioned traditional bow. It measures 54 inches from tip to tip and is easy to learn how to operate, even for beginners. This bow is made of beech wood and leather.
- The bow features a draw length between 28 and 33 inches.
- This bow is made of durable materials that are designed to last.
- It can be difficult to string this bow for the first time in some instances.
- Rarely, the leather may peel off of the bow and need to be replaced.
6. Huntingdoor Archery Traditional Recurve Bow
The Huntingdoor Archery Traditional Recurve Bow comes as part of a set with several accessories, including a hand guard, an arm guard, a string, silencers, and a finger tab. It is available in draw weight poundage options from 30 to 60 pounds, and the bow itself measures 55 inches from tip to tip.
- This bow is easy to use for both right-handed and left-handed archers.
- The riser is made of composite material and designed for ergonomic use and comfort.
- The limbs on this bow may misalign in some instances.
- The included instructions may be confusing, especiallconsy for beginning archers who are just setting up the bow for the first time.
7. Kainokai Traditional Handmade Longbow
The Kainokai Traditional Handmade Longbow comes in either red or black with a wood finish and includes a variety of accessories. These accessories include nocks, an arm guard, a finger tab, string wax, a string, three arrows, and paper targets. The bow is both stylish and elegant, and it comes ready for use right out of the box.
- This bow comes in several pre-set draw weights including sizes starting at 20 pounds and ranging through 70 pounds.
- The bow is lightweight enough for easy, convenient shooting but heavy-duty enough to last when used both outdoors and inside.
- The leather exterior may come apart from the rest of the bow in rare cases, especially with frequent use.
- Some customers report the tips of the limbs breaking easily on this bow, although this problem is not very common and may not always occur.
Now that you’ve had a chance to check out some of our favorite bows for mounted archery, you should be able to find the right one for your needs. All of the products listed above can provide you with excellent results, so pick your favorite and enjoy the results!
Here are some tips for picking the perfect mounted archery bow:
- Mounted archery bows should feature a draw length of 25-35 pounds for most situations. Some competitions may allow bows up to 40 pounds of draw weight.
- Mounted archery bows must be traditional in style, with no built-in arrow rest or shelf.
- You cannot shoot competitive mounted archery with a sight—although you can always practice on your own with one, if you prefer.
- Mounted archery bows should be either recurve or longbows, both for convenience and for entering into just about any competition.
- Beginner bows should be shorter than those for experienced archers. This cuts down on the difficulty of firing them from horseback and makes them easier to learn overall.
By keeping these tips in mind, it should be easier than ever to choose the perfect bow for your mounted archery experience.
MORE INFO: PASTEURLHERE
Last update on 2022-11-30 at 13:14 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.