Our Top Recommendation
- FOLDBACK BUCKLE LEATHER STRAP - for hands free operation, giving you the ability to secure to wrist with one hand...
- PERFECT FOR EVERY HAND – Over 5/8” of length adjustment with locking option and ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER TRAVEL for a...
- TRU CENTER TECHNOLOGY – Head pivots either left or right a full 20 degrees to eliminate torque at full draw
Can a bow release help you shoot more accurately?
Are all bow releases equally good at this?
Does the skill of the archer make a difference in this too?
Bow releases have many benefits. These small items can be used to help you draw back your bow to its full draw length, and they are also designed to improve the speed, accuracy, and precision of your shot. Although they may take some time to get the hang of, when you know how to use one, it can improve your archery experience significantly.
However, just because these products can help you shoot more accurately, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be instantly better at archery the first time you use one. Bow releases can be tricky to use and may take a little while to set up, too. They require specific fine adjustments that may be confusing for beginners, especially.
With a little practice and effort, though, you can make the most of a bow release. In no time, you will see improved accuracy with your shots. You may even see your own skill improving over time, and you might find it easier to shoot without a bow release too.
In this article, we will help you find the perfect bow release for your needs. We’ll show you five of our top picks and help you narrow down the options so you can choose the one that will help you improve the most.
When you take the time to consider a wide range of possibilities for your new bow release, you’ll be able to figure out which features to prioritize. You can also determine which features might be less helpful for you, given your specific archery applications.
Read on to find the best bow release for accuracy on the market.
1. Tru-Fire Smoke Extreme Archery Bow Release
The Tru-Fire Smoke Extreme Archery Bow Release comes with a built-in wrist strap for easy use. It can be adjusted to fit different hand sizes and also features an adjustable length, ensuring you can always achieve full draw length with your bow. This product can move 360 degrees thanks to its swiveling head design.
- The release can be used for both right-handed and left-handed archery.
- The wrist strap is comfortable and convenient to wear for long stretches at a time.
- The D-ring may come off of this release more easily than on some others.
- It takes some time to adjust this product and get started using it.
2. Scott Archery Shark Double Caliber Release
The Scott Archery Shark Double Caliber Release features a jaw-style release attached securely to a leather wrist strap. The strap is available in dark camo print, light camo print, or black and is reinforced with sturdy stitching. This product is easy to set up and start using right out of the box for any skill level.
- The release features a length adjustment function with five settings.
- The product is built to allow you to draw back your bow to its full draw length.
- Some customers find this product stops moving smoothly too quickly.
- The included setting screw has been known to strip easily.
3. TruFire Hardcore Adjustable Compound Bow Release
The TruFire Hardcore Adjustable Compound Bow Release comes with a leather strap to wear around your wrist. This strap features a camo print and can be easily adjusted to suit a variety of hand sizes. It is attached to the release itself through a metal loop w hich secures it firmly in place.
- You can adjust the trigger travel on this release and use it easily for either right-handed or left-handed archery.
- The head on the release can pivot up to 20 degrees in any direction.
- This product may not last as long as some others listed here.
- The adjustment screw can be difficult to use on this product.
4. Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release Buckle
The Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release Buckle is one of the most popular buckle-style releases on the market. This product features a closing jaw on one end and an adjustable wristband on the other, so you can operate it with the simple flick of the trigger and get back to your shot faster. This release is made of high-quality materials throughout its design.
- The trigger is built to reduce torque and improve shot speed without compromising your accuracy.
- This product is a self-reloading jaw release, which makes it easy to learn how to use.
- Some customers may have trouble using this product since it is designed for smaller hands.
- It can take some effort to adjust to a left-handed use for this product.
5. Carter Enterprises Wise Choice Release
The Carter Enterprises Wise Choice Release features a bright red finish and an all-metal design that helps it last longer than many others. This product functions via a self-closing jaw, and it can be easily adjusted depending on your sensitivity needs using its screw tension. It comes attached to a lanyard so you never have to worry about misplacing it while out on the range.
- Most customers find this product makes it easier to consistently repeat shot results.
- This product functions smoothly and quietly for almost every archer.
- The product is much more expensive than many others on our list, which makes it too costly to fit into the budget of some customers.
- This product may take some time to get used to using, and it can be challenging to adjust it, especially for new archers without prior experience handling releases.
Now that you’ve had a chance to check out our top picks, you can choose the one that works best for your needs. When you pick one of these products, you’re sure to see what makes them such popular choices among archers just like you.
But how do you know this type of product is really working for you? What is the best way to check how much your accuracy has improved from using a bow release? The best option is to shoot several arrows at a paper target without the bow release and then use those arrows to determine changes in accuracy when shooting with the release.
In other words, you should fire some test arrows first—at least three, and if possible five—to see how you shoot without a release. Then set up the release and use it to fire the same number of arrows into the same type of target at the same distance. You should be able to compare the results easily in this way.
How can you improve your shooting even more? Are bow releases your only option? Absolutely not! You can find a variety of other equipment and gear to help your accuracy improve. The best option is to use a sight, and you can pick from peep sights and pin sights to help you shoot better. You may also choose to shoot with a kisser button for even more accuracy improvement.
With the right bow release, you’ll be well on your way to a better archery experience in no time. Pick your favorite from the list above and get ready to enjoy the results!
Last update on 2024-02-24 at 03:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.